UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[32/40] Undead Hospital – The Cure for What Couldn’t be Cured.

broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by JiffyNoodles
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Welcome to Undead hospital, a place more chaotic than your local shopping centre during the Holiday season. This map was released by xXxCowmanxXx on New Year’s Eve 2014 (31/12/14 for those who are lost) and was very well received by the community for how much of an improvement it was over his previous title, Bridge. Now without Further Ado, let’s get into the Pros and Cons of this map.

PROS:

Weapons are great: The weapons in this game are awesome, and because this  map doesn’t have a pack-a-punch, he was able to add lots of weapons to this map. With weapons ranging from World at War all the Way up to games like Call of Duty: Ghosts and even Fallout 3, this map has them all. And, all the weapons that have been in Call of Duty’s previously all had custom Fire sounds and reload sounds, which is also a nice touch, as it makes some guns sound better and more badass than their Treyarch counterparts.

Mini-easter eggs: This map has 2 Mini easter Eggs, and because the map is a small map, it makes it a little bit more fun, as you don’t spend a solid chunk of your game searching around for items. The main Easter Egg was rather easy to do, mainly because I’ve played this map countless times before, so I knew the locations of the items right off the bat. And the Other easter egg is unlocking the room that allows you to buy the Commando off the wall, which is a nice touch, as it allows you to purchase ammo for a truly great weapon.

Map layout is great: This map is a very tight claustrophobic map, which means that there are very little areas that you can train in. For me, there was only one area to do so. But, this also strikes up the old style Zombies experience as it forces you to camp with a decent weapon until you get overrun and die in a blaze of glory, which is nice to see.

Quotes from Black Ops 1: This was a nice touch, because instead of hearing the standard Der Reise quotes from your beloved characters upon killing something, running out of ammo or buying a gun, you are greeted with the Quotes everyone has grown to love from Black Ops 1, Which really makes the map so much better, as hearing certain quotes just makes me have a little chuckle.

Perk Limit: This map has a perk limit, which is great, as it forces you out of your standard zombies comfort zone and makes you prioritise what you buy, and what you don’t.

The Atmosphere: This map hits it right on the head, by delivering a feel of a Hospital. Sure, it’s a rather small Hospital, but that doesn’t take away from the feel. Even the Ground floor feels right, as it has the look that it was about to get renovated before the apocalypse. This, when compared to Bridge, is a huge improvement.

Now, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the cons for this map.

CONS:

No Pack-a-Punch: This isn’t that big of a deal, because, as I’ve mentioned before, if it had a Pack-a-Punch, there wouldn’t be as many weapons to be able to use. But I digress. If this map had Pack-a-Punch, it would also make it a hell of a lot easier, as the standard wall weapons start dropping off, and then you have to use the box weapons such as the ray gun, Alien Blaster, etc. So, although it’s not much of a problem, it still registers as one, so that’s why it’s here.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 8/10. Everything feels right about this map, nothing feels out of place.

Custom Content: 8/10. All things in this map are custom, except the Viewhands and the Knife Model.

Fun Scale: 9/10. Tight Spaces + Fast Zombies + an Awesome Arsenal = Great Fun.

Replayability: 7/10. Since this map has such as Vast array of weaponry, the replayability is in the hunt for weapons that
you haven’t yet tried out. Whether it be a wall weapon, or something from the box, you can’t go wrong.

Overall Score: 32/40

Download Link: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,5202.msg57889.html#msg57889
Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:34:39 pm by JiffyNoodles
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Good review jiffy. Did the map have fov changer/slider ?
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Good review jiffy. Did the map have fov changer/slider ?
yes, yes it does.
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
Custom Content: 9/10. All things in this map are custom, except the Knife Model.
wanna take another look at those view hands and redo this verdict ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
wanna take another look at those view hands and redo this verdict ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mistake, what mistake? :please:
Custom Content: 8/10. All things in this map are custom, except the Viewhands and the Knife Model.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Mistake, what mistake? :please:

Great review those waw viewhands  ::) xD
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
i see atleast  a few WaW textures in there  ::)
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
i see atleast  a few WaW textures in there  ::)

My map is going to be rated one by the end xD  :-X

Loading ...