Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg

Image by ZK

Welcome to Malibu Drive! Where man and superhero alike battle the undead horde to save humanity from extinction! Many members of the Avengers make their appearance in this one-of-a-kind map!

Detail [7/10]

What can I say? The map is huge! Every square foot, nook and cranny is detailed in this ever expanding map. Every building the player can enter has detail in it. Buildings include (but not limited to): A book store, Tony Starks house, an apartment complex and more. Sometimes the detail gets repetitive in areas like the apartment complex where every room has the same items, but that's what it would be like in real life. Even the streets were crowded with police barriers, broken cars and many hungry zombies. But alas, many buildings felt pointless and lackluster to what was happening.

Custom Content [9/10]

There is a bunch of features to find in the map. There are 4 stones, of 4 different colors, which can be found around the map and you have to do different tasks for each one. As in my earlier statement, there are 11 different Avengers to play is in this map, ranging from Tony Stark to even Spider-Man. Each character has their own unique weapon and can only hold one regular gun, but if you buy Mule Kick, (If I'm not mistaken is the only perk in the map), You can carry 2 regulars guns alone with the special weapon. A good portion of the Avengers have really overpowered punches to use against the zombie masses and every one has a unique ability as well. Spider man double jump, increased speed and his web slinger for example. Most Avengers also have a health boost to take more hits. There is just so much to do and play with. There is even an undiscovered Easter egg as of now.

Fun Scale [6/10]

The map map may be massive, but its pretty hard. (That's what she said, hue hue hue) Plenty of things block your way and the buildings can be very narrow and you can be trapped really easily. Often there will be invisible zombies or a napalm zombie, it might sound like a pain but the invisible ones have a dust cloud where they walk and the napalms are very slow. I prefer using Spider-Man as his web slinger is fun to use and his double jump saved my butt on more than one occasion. The average player can have a fun game if they use the equipment right.

Replayability [4/10]

More often then not I found myself running in the same area over and over again not using a majority of the map. I found I could get a few fun games in but after that it got pretty boring. The fact you can switch Avengers mid-game anytime you would like also made the replay value decrease as you can use everything in one go if you wanted. The again not many of the Avengers proved useful in the map. I felt like they were there just to add in more content. Along with most of the guns. I could survive just on Spider-Mans fists alone till round 20.

Final Verdict:

Detail: [7/10]
Custom Content: [9/10]
Fun Scale: [6/10]
Replayability: [4/10]

Overall: 26/40
Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 10:46:37 pm by NINJAMAN829
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
I think this map is genius, but I have to admit it's not extremely replayable. Maybe a few times to check out different characters :) I do think it deserves a 10 on custom content but that's just me ;)
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
I havent played the map once, but you would think the map would've gotten 10/10 on custom content? There is 11 different players with different powers. That seems extremely custom.

I personally havent played the map for this very reason though. Way too custom. I prefer plain old zombies lol. Good review nonetheless as it reinforced my reasons to not play the map because it conflicts with my style.
same but sometimes you got to play a custom map :gusta:.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Everyone has different opinions. Imo it shouldnt deserve even 9/10 on custom content due to everything else outside the Avengers themselves. Most of the "detail" in the map was spammed WaW tallgrass models and that one pile of debris, which is why I wouldnt give it that good points for detail also :poker: But yeah, different opinions always happen :P
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I havent played the map once, but you would think the map would've gotten 10/10 on custom content? There is 11 different players with different powers. That seems extremely custom.

I personally havent played the map for this very reason though. Way too custom. I prefer plain old zombies lol. Good review nonetheless as it reinforced my reasons to not play the map because it conflicts with my style.

Exactly my thoughts. I too have not played the map but I've seen some gameplay on YT and such, and even though this map is not my cup of tea I think it deserves 10/10 for custom content, I mean it's unique AF and I can appreciate that he tried to do something different. Detail was pretty lacking IMO though so I'd have given it less than 7. It seems some reviewers are scared to give 10/10 for anything and others will give 10/10 for anything;D
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Exactly my thoughts. I too have not played the map but I've seen some gameplay on YT and such, and even though this map is not my cup of tea I think it deserves 10/10 for custom content, I mean it's unique AF and I can appreciate that he tried to do something different. Detail was pretty lacking IMO though so I'd have given it less than 7. It seems some reviewers are scared to give 10/10 for anything and others will give 10/10 for anything;D

Expressing opinions are not taken kindly by this community. Therefore, people tend to be concerned with what they say, because you could get flamed for telling people how you found the map. Instead, they try to give it a score that satisfies the people :please:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Expressing opinions are not taken kindly by this community. Therefore, people tend to be concerned with what they say, because you could get flamed for telling people how you found the map. Instead, they try to give it a score that satisfies the people :please:

Well while we're stuck with these reviews being the ONLY rating system available for maps then, IMO, they should try and have some semblance of consistency; (ofc with not every reviewer having the same opinions this isn't exactly possible - another flaw in this system over say a public 10 star rating, but I digress) having wildly varying standards and tastes, and on the whole only one review per map, makes the whole thing kind of redundant (the score part I'm talking about here) but then, that's just my opinion and you don't have to agree/like it - see what I did there? :)

Could we not have a 'poll' type system on every review where the public can vote on their own ratings for each category? And we could put it next to the reviewer scores just like Rotten Tomatoes? Hell the reviewer themselves could set most of this up.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Well while we're stuck with these reviews being the ONLY rating system available for maps then, IMO, they should try and have some semblance of consistency
This is one of the big reasons am no longer doing reviews here, this backwards mindset that "we're stuck with these reviews" like it's the only way you can find out about the map. Play the damn thing then! When me and Trem started this back in 2013 it was to give people an idea of what the map was like if they hadn't played it yet. That means if a reviewer give a category a 9 instead of a 10 who the freak cares?! As long as the writing in the review gives you an idea of what you can expect and does it in a somewhat fun and organized way then the reviewer did his job. That is the point of these reviews not this BS about "this is the only rating system available" - give me a break! Go play the map and think for yourself.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
This is one of the big reasons am no longer doing reviews here, this backwards mindset that "we're stuck with these reviews" like it's the only way you can find out about the map. Play the damn thing then! When me and Trem started this back in 2013 it was to give people an idea of what the map was like if they hadn't played it yet. That means if a reviewer give a category a 9 instead of a 10 who the freak cares?! As long as the writing in the review gives you an idea of what you can expect and does it in a somewhat fun and organized way then the reviewer did his job. That is the point of these reviews not this BS about "this is the only rating system available" - give me a break! Go play the map and think for yourself.

Amen
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

Of course I don't base my own opinion on these reviews for reasons stated, I play a map (or watch gameplay) and make my own judgements.

The comment was more aimed at the people who may (and there are people who do this) simply look at the reviews and decide whether or not the map is worth playing based on it's score.

For instance, if I am interested in a film, I will almost always check it out on IMDB first - now of course, this is not the be all and end all; I don't always agree with the overall score the public gives it, but on the whole it's incredibly accurate IMO - if it has like 3/10 rating, then I will almost certainly not waste my time watching it. If it has an 8/10 score, then I am far more likely to give it a watch. I also have the option of reading a critic/user's personal review and hearing an individual's opinion on it. Whereas here we've got all kinds of funky scores going on. What would be so wrong about having a poll so people can get the reviewer's opinion AND the opinion of the users who don't happen to have turquoise (?) coloured name? Then we'd have absolutely no reason to post why we think the review is 'wrong' or what we disagree with, we could simply click our own score and done. :)
Date Registered: 25 December 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Conspiracy Theorist
Signature
Yes.
NeutronStars's Groups
NeutronStars's Contact & Social LinksPocket_InfinitypocketinfinityNeutronStars
What happened with me really. So now on this review I'm just now able to get working on since I was halted with school, I'm nervous to give some things certain scores.
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
What happened with me really. So now on this review I'm just now able to get working on since I was halted with school, I'm nervous to give some things certain scores.

Well, the reviewing community is falling apart, sad to say. :ok:

Wouldn't surprise me if there was no reviewers after while, as all they get is negativity for their reviews.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Wouldn't surprise me if there was no reviewers after while, as all they get is negativity for their reviews.

Something we have discussed to counter this negativity is possibly disabling comments on future map reviews. Too many mappers dislike their work being criticized or other mappers dislike seeing reviewers mark maps higher than they did theirs. It's sad that people have to be so petty but that's just the way it is.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I'm nervous to give some things certain scores.

Don't be. YOU are in control of the scores, as this is YOUR opinion it can never be wrong (unless the facts are wrong, of course), even if you gave let's say Requiem 1/10 on everything (even though that would be rather ridiculous) it would still be YOUR opinion, if you don't like what a map has done, don't feel compelled to make your review on a map 100% because said map of a higher quality, if we take Herrenhaus for example there is a lot of amazing things to talk about the map, but if you feel there are aspects you didn't like don't be afraid to include them, people will obviously have their opinion to counter yours, which imo is fine in a review, but if people are straight up attacking you or "bitching" about your opinion then that's just sad people being petty as Zen said also..
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think this map is genius, but I have to admit it's not extremely replayable. Maybe a few times to check out different characters :) I do think it deserves a 10 on custom content but that's just me ;)
Was there a custom Knife Model?

Loading ...