More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Project Contamination: Awakening, a map that has indeed awoken something inside of me, and that is there is finally something dirtier than a brothel in full swing. This map was released by HitmanVere, and was received by the public with a strong support for it, well; you would hope so, especially after this map has been in development ever since 2014, generating a rather large following during this timeline. Anyway, without further ado, let’s get into the pros & cons of this map.

Pros:

Weapons are on point in this map: I couldn’t put one foot wrong on any of the weapons in this map, as they just seemed to flow so well, as they would in their respective titles. With weapons ranging from the Ranger Double-Barrelled Shotgun from MW2, to the re-designed and redefined VR-13, this maps arsenal couldn’t possibly get any broader. So, kudos to whoever did the weapons, as you did a top job (are you kidding yourself Hitman?)

It is a very detailed map: You can tell Hitman left no stone unturned when it came to detailing, the map looked gorgeous, even with the radioactive fallout floating around me, I was able to still see the map for its potential. Such things that stand out are the little letters that he had done up, which were a lovely little touch to the map, as this really gives the map some depth, and gives backstory to possibly one potential Boss (no spoilers here).

The bosses are balanced out: In this map there are two bosses (3 if you choose the right path), the first being the boogyman, and the second being an infected test subject, in other words, a Napalm Zombie 2.0. These guys both have pros and cons to them, but they seem to be balanced out.
For example, The Boogyman has 2 attacks, a devastating ground slam with his trusty cinderblock sledgehammer, and a Sledge Swing, which sends any nearby attackers sailing for the hills. That’s the cons, but the Pro’s? The range is limited, so keeping him at distance will make his attacks obsolete (he’s also good for building points).
Meanwhile the Infected zombie has 2 ‘attacks’, so to speak. The first being that he distorts your vision by melting your face (he’s acid dummy), then, if you get too close, he decides to end his life, in a bid to end yours as well, which will and can do, providing the circumstances are right, with a self-destruct. His pros are that you can build points off of him, and use him as a bio-bomb to kill other zombies.

Multiple endings are at your disposal: In case I haven’t mentioned it earlier, this map has the lot, including multiple endings. I would say, I won’t spoil it, but people probably already know both endings, so bugger it. The 1st ending being the simple way out, by entering a fallout shelter. Which in turn kills you, reminiscent of the Fallout Series, as Hitman must’ve taken notes from Vault-Tec. This is available immediately and ends immediately.

While the 2nd ending is a little more tricky, so to speak. It requires you to live for 5 rounds after activating it, then at the end of that, you call in re-enforcements. These guys bring you a care package, which in turn, leads to you setting of yet another Nuclear Bomb, killing everybody and Everything that happens to be standing around (Hitman is basically Vault-Tec at this point). This division of what you want to do is exciting, as it offer players more variety on what and how they want to play, and in turn end, the game.

New Perk is a nice addition: The new perk in the map, if I can describe it in one word, it would be cool (pardon the pun). I’m not going to spoil what it does, but all I can say is that it proves useful if you want to make it easier for you in the long run.
Well, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the Cons of this map.

Cons:

Radius of Nova's is extremely large: By god, if a Nuke won’t kill you, then the self-destruct of these little bastards will. I know this can be remedied by PHD flopper, but that’s useless when you are getting bombarded with these little bastards going ‘ka-blooey’. I’m sure this probably gonna get patched at a later date, but for now, that’s a con.

Not enough uses with the new perk: Yes, the perk is a nice addition, but, for its price, I don’t feel the price matches what you get from it, kind of like an Xbox One, or a Ford, whichever comes first.

No perk limit: Now, everyone, calm your tits, this is my review, so if you don’t like it, just tell me, after all, I’m only a human with different emotions and thoughts to anyone else on this planet (or forum at that matter). But, I like having a perk limit, as it sets boundaries and makes you prioritise what perks will make the cut, and which ones won’t. If there was a way to increase the perk limit (or give us all the perks for completing the EE up to the ending our lives bit) I would be all for it, but having this nooby option, kinda makes me a little sad on the inside.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 10/10. Looks great, feels great, and since I’ve been playing Fallout 4 a lot recently, gives of a great vibe.
Custom Content: 10/10. Everything, literally everything is custom, INCLUDING the Knife Model (yay! ;D).
Fun Scale: 8/10. Lots of fun can be had, as there are a lot of new toys to try out.
Replayability: 8/10. Multiple Endings, A metric S**t-Tonne of Weaponry at your disposal, and plenty of secrets to uncover, just grab some friends and go f**k S**t up!
Overall Score: 36/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9927.0.html
Spoiler: click to open...
credits to Nathiri for helping get some of these screenshots, thanks luv ;)
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 10:36:37 pm by JiffyNoodles
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Did you find all uses for new perks? :P Also, perklimit is always 2 sided coin, some people hate it, some people dont. I really didnt want to bother with it at the release, but finally found way to please people:

I will take a look at Novas radius, even though I find it fine
Date Registered: 26 December 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Have a disc copy of W@W, which is why steam doesn't display it
WaW: XxIceBearxX
Steam: Nightmare_Pie
Black Ops 3 Emblems
mxtxm's Groups
mxtxm's Contact & Social LinksNightmare_Pie

New Perk is a nice addition: The new perk in the map, if I can describe it in one word, it would be cool (pardon the pun). I’m not going to spoil what it does, but all I can say is that it proves useful if you want to make it easier for you in the long run.
Well, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the Cons of this map.

Doesn't this map have 2 new perks?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Final Verdict

Level Detail: 10/10.

Yeh these reviews are just stupid now.
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Absolutely loved this map, nice review Jiffy
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
Great review 'pap! Captures the essence of the map nicely.

To everyone else, keep in mind this is 1 man's look on the map. Not everyone has the same opinions, therefore comparing two reviews made by various mappers isn't valid, imo. :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Great review 'pap! Captures the essence of the map nicely.

To everyone else, keep in mind this is 1 man's look on the map. Not everyone has the same opinions, therefore comparing two reviews made by various mappers isn't valid, imo. :D

100% agreed. It's cool to disagree  ;)
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
100% agreed. It's cool to disagree  ;)

Nope you're wrong.

See what I did there? :troll:
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Nope you're wrong.

See what I did there? :troll:
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
this map is better rated then DAS HERRENHAUS thanks XEcW22 for the best review on the site :D
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
(Image removed from quote.)

Yeh these reviews are just stupid now.
hey, not my review, so don't be pointing fingers where they don't belong.

Loading ...