The Decider
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dat feel when anims "fall from sky" ;)
CyberMan1011's Groups
CyberMan1011's Contact & Social Linkscyberman1011
I will say this though: Vanoss is a POS for not at least linking peoples' maps ever  >:(

Vanoss isn't the only one that does that. I have nothing against YAW but it does bother me whenever I see them not linking maps that are available to the public. They did this with ORBIT
broken avatar :(
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Vanoss isn't the only one that does that. I have nothing against YAW but it does bother me whenever I see them not linking maps that are available to the public. They did this with ORBIT
I know others do it, but I specifically get annoyed with Vanoss because he has fucking 17mil subscribers. I mean, that would be A LOT of new users. Whether they'd stay or not is a whole different story.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.

The way I see it is kinda like this...

Yes, it was incredibly clever of them to hire a mapper (or maybe more than one) to make these shitty but clever little maps for them because it's content no one will see elsewhere. You have to hand it to them, they're really fucking smart for doing that. The maps themselves are obviously pretty crappy but they are also very smart in the fact that they are 1: themed, & 2: side quest based so they can spent and hour or two doing objectives (which they probably know what to do before hand) and putting out a well made video where two guys just have a riot playing a map that no one has seen and can enjoy the fresh experience.

The only issue I have with it is that they don't make the content available. Why not? I mean, yes the maps look pretty bad for the most part but they sometimes have (believe it or not) fun side quests that some of the community might actually enjoy experiencing. It's smart to have someone make you exclusive content but it's not always smart to keep it to yourself.

As for YaW as a whole, I like Gunn, have done since the very early NGT days. They were the first and only zombie Youtuber's I watched back in 2010 and I am not going to rip into Gunn or Meaty just because it's the in thing to do. If you don't like them don't watch them. They don't harm the scene in any particular way, in fact help it so I don't really see the problem, aside from the exclusive map lock out thing of course.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I will say this though: Vanoss is a POS for not at least linking peoples' maps ever  >:(

The reason he doesn't link it is because he has a pre-filled Description, like most big YouTubers.
Sure, it's lazy, but when you're swimming in the Mullah, who cares (apart from your loyal fans who want to play whatever you play :please:)
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Yes, it was incredibly clever of them to hire a mapper (or maybe more than one) to make these shitty but clever little maps for them because it's content no one will see elsewhere.
Not so clever. From the License agreement for the tools.
If you decide to make available the use of the New Game Materials created by you to other gamers, you agree to do so solely without charge.
Those mappers are technically breaking the license agreement by being employed to make exclusive new game materials.
If it were just donations being made and the grateful mappers gave them a timed exclusivity for their channel before releasing to everyone it would be a different story, but since they are employees they are in the wrong.
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement. I mean they've never enforced this that I've seen.
New Game Materials must contain prominent identification at least in any on-line description and with reasonable duration on the opening screen: (a) the name and E-mail address of the New Game Materials’ creator(s) and (b) the words “THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.”
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
New Game Materials must contain prominent identification at least in any on-line description and with reasonable duration on the opening screen: (a) the name and E-mail address of the New Game Materials’ creator(s) and (b) the words “THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.”

So we need to put our email addresses and real names on our release topics AND loading screens and write 'THIS MATERIAL IS NOT MADE OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION'? And Youtubers need to do this too if they play our maps? Hahaha, right.

Activision do not give a fuck what we do in WAW, I would have thought this was obvious to anyone by now.
Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:32:31 am by steviewonder87
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
Not so clever. From the License agreement for the tools.Those mappers are technically breaking the license agreement by being employed to make exclusive new game materials.
If it were just donations being made and the grateful mappers gave them a timed exclusivity for their channel before releasing to everyone it would be a different story, but since they are employees they are in the wrong.
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement. I mean they've never enforced this that I've seen.

who gives a fuck if its againt the license, why do people still bring this up like it matters or that activsion care?
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Activision do not give a fuck what we do in WAW, I would have thought this was obvious to anyone by now.
who gives a fuck if its againt the license, why do people still bring this up like it matters or that activsion care?
But I doubt Activision will enforce the license agreement.
I never said Activision cares. I care because it's unfair to those who aren't making maps for money. I'm sure others can see that. Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.
Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:29:21 am by ConvictioNDR
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I never said Activision cares. I care because it's unfair to those who aren't making maps for money. I'm sure others can see that. Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.

How was my response in any way hostile? Or were you just offended by my use of the F-word? ???
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet

To rephrase: "Who gives a fuck if we steal shit from other people and make money off of it?".

The clear answer being: People who don't want their shit being monetized.

<Insert bullshit argument that its OK to sell other people's shit because they are paid by a large corp>

Code Snippet
Plaintext

get_is_bullshit()
{
return true;
}

Why are people so hostile here? I've never understood it.

They tend to be like that when you question the legitimacy of them selling (beta/early access) maps.
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
DeathBringerZen's Groups
The clear answer being: People who don't want their shit being monetized.

Let's not do this again please. We have ran this topic of discussion dry and it never leads anywhere. Let's leave it be.
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
How was my response in any way hostile? Or were you just offended by my use of the F-word? ???
I don't think he was referring to your comment directly :please:
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
The hostility part wasn't meant for you. If anything you're way better than last time I was active here and I no longer dislike you. I find some conversations you have on other sites with your stalkers to be entertaining to read. I was mainly referring to smasher. I brought up a point for nothing more than discussion by those who care. If he doesn't care, then there was no sense in his negative response.

Back on topic. Activision may not care, but I know there are some people out there that put way more time and effort into their maps/mods for no money at all that are way more deserving of the money. Even that sometimes rude guy that made that oil rig map that looks cool but I'm too busy to play so I haven't played it yet.
They tend to be like that when you question the legitimacy of them selling (beta/early access) maps.
I don't care if you give people beta or early access for donating, well as long as you don't keep it in beta for say a year to milk it. All people who have donated to me get beta access to my maps alongside my usual beta testers. But being paid to make the maps is what I don't like. This hobby isn't supposed to be done for money. If you want to make money off of it, get good enough to be hired by one of the studios.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
The hostility part wasn't meant for you. If anything you're way better than last time I was active here and I no longer dislike you. I find some conversations you have on other sites with your stalkers to be entertaining to read.

That's just about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. :)
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
That's just about the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. :)
Since you're English, I'm assuming the next nicest thing was: "Get out of here, you specky little cunt."  :lol:

Loading ...