Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
UE4 Multiplayer Zombie Survival Template

Hey everybody! Some of you may know me for my custom zombie maps for Call of Duty: World at War. I spent years making zombie maps and over a year ago I switched over to Unreal Engine 4 and started working on my own zombie survival game. Well today I'm happy to announce the release of my very own zombie survival template. You can now make your very own zombie survival game with no limits. So let your imagination go crazy and start making what you always wished you could.
The Multiplayer Zombie Survival Template for Unreal Engine 4 has now been released! Fight waves of enemies with your friends. Fully setup for multiplayer. Jump straight into slaughtering zombies with your friends online. It’s setup to be easily edited and changed. You can simply switch out player characters, weapons and zombies with whatever you want to use. Variables can easily be changed to tweak the game experience. Thousands of hours were put into this project in order to save you the hassle of getting the basic framework working for your own multiplayer horde game.

Buy it now on the Unreal Engine 4 Marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/slug/multiplayer-zombie-survival-template
Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WhippyGames
Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:45:30 am by whippytrout
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 15 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
Sounds like a cool idea, but why did you decide to make it a TPS project instead of FPS? I also think this would make a great alternative to BO3 custom zombies if it were possible to release it with its own mod tools, but I guess that'd be too complicated to make.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Congrat's on the release, looks really cool and complete! I see you also got the hang of multiplayer replication now, do you have any links/documentation that could help me understand it? I would really appreciate it!

I made a pretty simple 'game' about a year ago, and i have the option to switch between TP and FP ingame. I could show you how i did that if you are interested, allthough i'm sure you can figure it out yourself after seeing this project! Really cool!

Shooter Game

Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 10:06:27 pm by BluntStuffy
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Thanks guys! So JohnDoe you don't really need mod tools for it because it's a template you buy for UE4 so you can buy it and make whatever type of game you want. :)
I am interested in adding in first person in a later update or maybe just a separate tutorial. 

BluntStuffy! Hey man! It's been a while. I got the hang of replication but I'm no expert lol. It makes my head hurt sometimes because you have to think through how it will work before you make things. I'm not sure about documentation that is great. There is a network compendium but It didn't really help me. I found that once I learned how blueprints did certain things I could understand replication better. So for instance Gamemode is Server Only, Game Instance exists throughout execution of the game even on server travel. Things like that help you wrap your mind around where to put certain logic. I'm really interested in First person though. Did you use separate view arms for the first person and just hide the thirdperson character? I need to learn how first person works because I'm getting a lot of requests from people but they just stick the camera to the third person characters head which doesn't look right lol. 

Thanks for the kind works, if you like it or know someone who would please share the video. I wish a big YouTuber would try out the demo, that would be awesome. 

WhippyTrout

Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
this is the standalone zombies game we've been waiting for :D
is there controller support? or possibly splitscreen support (Got a buddy who comes over and hangs out with BO3)
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 03:17:57 am by conn6orsuper117
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
this is the standalone zombies game we've been waiting for :D
is there controller support? or possibly splitscreen support (Got a buddy who comes over and hangs out with BO3)
 The lobbies don't work with controller but in-game does support controller. I don't have splitscreen but it works online over lan and internet. 

Loading ...