UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Notice] UGX-Mods Data Stolen (January 2016)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Delta
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 4 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Update for January 23rd 2016 can be viewed here. The topic is now locked.

Unfortunately we have to inform every registered user about a possible but unlikely database leak today.

Our former team member Mikey 'AoKMiKeY' dumped the whole development database with over 192k user records. The development database is a separate copy of our real forum database which we use on a separate copy of the forum for development and testing purposes. This database is as recent as November 8th 2015, with 191,980 members in it.

Michael has threatened us saying he intends to release this development database to the public, so for the safety of your own personal information please do the following steps and keep reading:

Please do change your password(s)!
Change your UGX-Mods password! >> Directlink to change account password <<
If you used your UGX-Mods password somewhere else, please do also change these!
We highly recommend you use for each webseite / account a new strong password in general!

What data has been stolen and might be leaked:

Data from around 192k users.
(if your user id is higher than 214587 / your account was created after November 8th then you shouldn't be affected)

The data considered to be private / sensetive is:
  • IP Address
  • Password (we do only store the hash, but a bruteforce could be possible)
  • E-Mail Address
  • 219,250 PM Conversations until 8th November 2015 (the conversations are not encrypted! They are plain text!)
  • Donations history (full name from paypal, ypaypal E-Mail Address
  • Secret question and (encrypted!) answer
Other data:
  • Chat messages & chat log
  • SMF log files
Please change your password ASAP!

I want to be as transparent as possible, this was the last conversation we had with Michael:
Hidden Text

I would like to explain the long story but we have currently bigger issues to tackle first like containing security issues,
I'll update this announcement with it once things calmed a bit down here.

I would like to apologize in behalf of the UGX-Mods team, this shouldn't happen at all and we are deeply sorry to have to bring this news to you.

If you have further concerns or questions:
- Alexander 'Delta' Diller
In behalf of the UGX-Mods team
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Nice to be open about this, such a shame this happened. I trust you know what you're doing to go onwards with this, so keep on doing the great job you're doing, and this will turn out great, I can most surely assume. :)
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:46:56 pm by Exofile
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
What about links in our profile, like Steam? Does he have those as well?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
What about links in our profile, like Steam? Does he have those as well?
Yes, technically any data you put on the forum and saved it.
But those "social" informations are public to anyone.
Date Registered: 20 July 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
AoKMiKeY's Groups
AoKMiKeY's Contact & Social Links
By Delta: brought back the original message, without leaked internal image of UGXL

Haha, This is amazing to see. By the way thats not my name. Nice try though? I don't know. I do not give out my name. Well I will have to give it you. You got the first name correct. My name is Michael.

Right so lets get this clear. I was scaring you. I took some lines from the db and then got that shit off my system. I am not stupid enough to handle a file like that. I then continued to put it in the middle of a large spaced out document and sent you a screenshot. This was a scare tactic. I am not stupid I did not take anything and nor do I have anything to leak.

For everyone of whom is currently thinking I am the bad guy:
I am not going to go into all of the whole thing because its about 6 - 7 months of drama and shit. I started working for UGX as their UI Designer. Working on UGXL ( UGX Launcher ), UGXLIN ( UGX Launcher Installer ), and UGXHP ( UGX Homepage ). I was doing this all for free to help out the community I love so much. I wanted to better this site and better it for the community and not for UGX.

I had been working with them on designs and concepts and then finally working on getting them up and running. ( like this. The UGXL main screen. {removed screenshot of application}

over the months of working with UGX I started to become the bad guy in their eyes. I was continually trying to change things to better the community but it was met with a huge amount of negativity and on some cases abuse / just being a dick. I kept on working with them despite all of this and in the end I could not take the shit from Delta and some of the shit from Trem and I wanted to leave. ( of course all of this would be told extremely differently in their eyes. But what ever. )

I sent them this message:
http://pastebin.com/17KrdN7a

This is me saying that I have come to the end of my time at UGX and I am basically being forced to leave because of stress and how much time the projects have been taking. I also stated that I would be taking my work with me.

This is where they became children by saying that I have been threatening them with legal action where in reality I just stated what I would do if my work was to be continued / copied.

They then become extremely defensive and I had to stop. I left them with a simple agreement to agree to. They where given the choose to have my designs, concepts and all the work I have done for them excluding the source files and all they would need to agree to is to keep me in the credits for the designs while they where using my designs. Seems pretty fair to me. Right?. Delta spouted a load of crap about how he wanted to take legal action and how they would try to tie me to an agreement that I was never given.

Well in the end I asked them if they had come to a decision and they said they decline in about the most cuntish way possible.

So I scared them. I was bored of the shit. I was board of delta and I wanted 5 minutes of them shitting them selves. So I faked having a db. Seems fair enough right? You be a cunt to me and I will get my own back?

Sure I am not perfect but I really really tried to make it work.

I have skype dumps of all of the conversations but I need to go though and remove anything that is classified as secret / not public information regarding UGX. I will be sure to give them to who ever wants them.

To anyone that actually knows me. You know I am a nice guy. You know I would not do evil shit for no reason. I have always tried to help this community out and for once I got bored of the shit.

So to everyone that has changes their passwords. I apologise for UGX not looking into how a file was made or requesting any more proof than a small screenshot that basically had a lot of numbers and information I could have made up seeing as I know how the SMF DB works.

So yeah. Take this how you will. I am not the bad party in all of this. I offered and extremely nice agreement and they decided to turn it down and act like children. I will also pastebin this response because I know it is going to be removed.
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:51:20 pm by AoKMiKeY
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
What? Mikey why would you do this? Back when I was really active on here you were always so helpful?
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:54:25 pm by Centric
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 11 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
This sounds weird, I was checking today and saw that you were no longer a staff guy, so I thought that you have resigned or quit. And you didn't have donor membership, but you do now, weird. Anyway, if I assume the story you told is correct, were you seem to be the good guy, you shouldn't have talked about legal stuff, especially with someone our relation with has grown worse. Maybe you should've approached the subject in a different way. Please don't think of my reply as hostile for either ugx staff guys or michael, I'm just speaking my opinion. Thanks

Spoiler: click to open...
Also you guys screwed me, I could hardly think of a new password :troll:
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Was is really necessary to delete Mikey's post? 
Date Registered: 9 November 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Custom Zombies Videos: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Signature
YouTube: YouTube.com/RichGaming
Twitter: Twitter.com/RichGaming

RichGaming's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
RichGaming's Contact & Social Linksrichgaming1RichGamingRich_GamingRichGaming1
Well Shit.....
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
<Message Removed, Mikey's post has been brought back without the screenshot>
Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:21:51 pm by lukkie1998
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Was is really necessary to delete Mikey's post?
Yes, temporarily because of leaked informations (screenshot)
I could have also taken it down according to normal forum rules, because beeing insulted.

• DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
It had screenshots included from a new version of UGXL (not about the theme, but functions/other things) which are not for the public to be seen yet.

Lukkie1998
Than why not just delete the screenshots?
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
and people though i was bad  :troll:
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
and people though i was bad  :troll:

Not really man. You just had a bad few months is all but I remember you being a solid and helpful member back when you were working on your Tranzit map. You were the one who chose to have your account deleted. You were never banned.
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
Not really man. You just had a bad few months is all but I remember you being a solid and helpful member back when you were working on your Tranzit map. You were the one who chose to have your account deleted. You were never banned.
try telling that to my poor 3 accounts :'( (2 of which i sacrificed to test a bypass of the bansystem, and 1 was banned for "stealing" the Requrim from greenlungs), but there has been talks about banning me cuz i do participate in  :troll:ing

Loading ...