UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Notice] UGX-Mods Data Stolen (January 2016)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by Delta
Pragmatist
Date Registered: 9 May 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Fish. That is all
Signature
Sidzzz's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Sidzzz's Contact & Social LinkssidzzzzzzS1dzzzS1dzzzSidzzzSidTheGamer126
If this threat is yet imminent, wouldn't it be more prudent to have an automated email sent out to every last member? I'm sure a reasonable number of the members aren't active members.
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:43:40 am by Sidzzz
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
If this threat is yet imminent, wouldn't it be more prudent to have an automated email sent out to every last member? I'm sure a reasonable number of the members aren't active members.
the entire database is "allegedly" in his possession so that's 200,000 accounts - there is no way to check who is or isnt active these days, and if they have been here "recently" or not shouldn't make a difference

fact is he claims it was a bluff, not much we can do beyond what we have done
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:48:52 am by Harry Bo21
Pragmatist
Date Registered: 9 May 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Fish. That is all
Sidzzz's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Sidzzz's Contact & Social LinkssidzzzzzzS1dzzzS1dzzzSidzzzSidTheGamer126
the entire database is "allegedly" in his possession so that's 200,000 accounts - there is no way to check who is or isnt active these days, and if they have been here "recently" or not shouldn't make a difference

fact is he claims it was a bluff, not much we can do beyond what we have done

It doesn't matter as to whether or not the member is active. The enquiry was as to whether or not an automated email could be sent to ALL members. And I don't think you can trust the validity of the statement saying the threat was a bluff.
Date Registered: 2 April 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
If it's not perfect, you'll never see it.
Signature
Learn by doing, not copy and pasting.

Enjoy my 2015 contest map, a simple map with bo1-bo2 features
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=14968.msg149200#
Centric's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Centric's Contact & Social Linkscentricccentric_
Spoiler: click to open...

Lukkies response makes that perfect.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
It doesn't matter as to whether or not the member is active. The enquiry was as to whether or not an automated email could be sent to ALL members. And I don't think you can trust the validity of the statement saying the threat was a bluff.
and im saying its "too many" members to contact, plus over 70% wont even check the email....
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Lukkies response makes that perfect.

:lol:
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Unfortunately sending an email to over 200.000+ email accounts takes a lot more than just pressing a single button. Most Server providers limit emails to prevent spam mails being sent. This is the only way we can let everyone know at this moment.

Lukkie1998
Date Registered: 30 July 2013
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
BuIlDaLiBlE's Groups
Wow. I came to UGX to check some stuff and what a drama you have here!
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Wow. I came to UGX to check some stuff and what a drama you have here!

This is not an everyday thing. Unexpected things happen in the brightest of places. What matters is how it is dealt with.
Date Registered: 22 July 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Utamia's Groups
Utamia's Contact & Social LinksUtamiaUtamiaAdvisorbuggy
Theres more to the story isnt there, I think ugx is holding back something
Purple Square Worshipper
Date Registered: 30 January 2014
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Famous User
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Purple Square Worshiper
Signature

donate to purplemanwomen www.paypal.me/bwc66930
Bwc66930's Groups
Famous User
Famous User
Bwc66930's Contact & Social Linksbwc66930bwc66930bwc66930bwc66931dkwithawbwc66930
More then meets the eyes! UGX kidnapped Mikey's family and is now in a active volcano
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
You sir, are a genius!

Other than the UGX team telling us about a potential security breach, which they did, I fail to see how anything else is our business. If they want to hold back other information then who cares; it isn't like they owe it to us to disclose all of their interactions with AoKMikeY.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 16 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
As Luke already said, it's not that easy.
I'm on it, to implement a newsletter system but we are all quite busy here - but I try to take the time now and implement it over the week and test it.

This whole thing is not a big threat. This kinda happened all the time in communities.
Zombie Modding's database was also "stolen" by tom, who put up a new site with this database.

With great power (access to the database) comes great responsibility and clearly we see here a misuse of this.
We, well I try my best to keep the data secure against unauthorized people.
Mikey was part of UGX-Mods for some monthes and we thought we could expend his access as he gained some trust.
Well we found out we were dead wrong :C

It's very unlikely that anyone should face any "hacking issues" with his account(s).
We just wanted to make sure and let everyone know that there is an issue,
and we just recommend to change all passwords / accounts who use the mail + password combination.

An example with my hashed password:
I ran a bruteforce check, which takes >10 years for the CPU and >5 years with my GPU.
And this is actually the best case, because I know how long it is and what possible chars it contains.

So your passwords should be secure, unless you use an unsecure oone (classics like 1234 or password)

I don't want to sound this incedent nice, but I also don't want that ppl are completely scared now.
All the data stored in the database can be usually retrieved via social engineering via google.
Date Registered: 6 December 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
creamy
Signature
JWofle's Groups
JWofle's Contact & Social LinksnonoJWofleJWoflesJWoflesJWoflesJWofleJWofles
lol yea sounds like a real stand up guy, threatening 200,000 people over a picture or two - threatening legal action and what knot
It's not just a picture, it's pretty much a whole concept/design. A bit more than 'a picture or two'.

Like said previously, he "was" working with DualVII and friends, until they too also got annoyed with him and his ways

when he helped me he bound half my keys to vidrestart so half the keys i hit reset my game ( he did this while using my PC via teamviewer, this is the only reason i found them at all, with someone elses help in the end )... took me FOREVER to find them as i was new back then...

Give you one example, my crouch button. So when i was testing D2P i was constantly restarting my game and couldnt find why

He also ran a program on my mod.csv to "make it better and actually organized" - i think his term was ( despite being perfectly well organized ) This duplicated just about every asset like 10 times in my mod.csv. As you can guess, just imagine the sound alias erors due to being called multiple times...
At this point I'm not going to immediately say you're spreading shit but do you actually have any evidence of this? Also, if this really happened why didn't you tell anybody before?

Just wondering..
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:15:36 pm by JWofle
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This some alterIWNet/FourDeltaOne/alterOps shit lol.

In any case I'm just a bystander here.

Loading ...